A selection of the Rules of the road "Answers"
1. a) When the driver in front of you is turning right, b) when you intend to turn left, c) when vehicles in the lane on your right are moving slower
2. Traffic on the right and traffic already turning
3. Where you have good vision of the junction or where your bumper is in line with the
outside of the kerb to your left & right
4. The extreme right lane
5. a) 120km b) 100km c) 80km d) 50km
7. By yellow flashing beacons
8. Stop unless you are too close to stop safely
9. They mark\ signal the edge of the hard shoulder
10. No parking within certain times stated on plate
11. No parking at any time
12. Each side of the Island is a separate crossing
13. Where there is too much surface water between Tyre & Road and where tyres are worn, then braking can become ineffective.
14. Half a Metre
15. 5 Metres
16. Turning left\ right, reversing, on the straight road, hill start, turn a bout, parking, moving off, changing lanes
17. 1.6mm (exceptions to the rule are motor cycles and vintage cars 1mm)
18. Traffic on the right
19. When you have entered a yellow box to turn right and the lights change to red, you are deemed to have
taken possession of the junction and should
complete the manoeuvre with due care and attention.
20. On a Motorway or Dual Carriageway
21. 25 metres –which you double in wet weather or apply the 2 second rule (only a fool breaks the 2 second rule)
22. 1)your perception time, 2)reaction time, 3)vehicle reaction time, 4)vehicles braking ability
23. Driving too close to the vehicle in front
24. The Driver but where passengers are over 17 yrs and over, they are responsible
25. brow of hill, yellow lines, clear way, hard shoulder, contra flow, loading bay, footpath, cycle track, junction
26. Obey the line nearest you
27. To avoid hazards, obstructions, for access
28. That there are continuous white lines a short distance ahead
29. the answer is 5,… 1) Regulatory (red\black circle), 2) Warning (black\yellow diamond),
3) Road works (black\orange diamond), 4) Information (various colours & shapes), 5) Motorway (blue),
30. 15 Metres
31. Slow down, pull over and stop the car if necessary
32. built up area, on-coming traffic, behind traffic, Fog, Snow
33. single\ double white lines, brow of a hill, bend, junction, hump back bridge, near or at zebra, pelican or pedestrian crossings or anywhere where your view of oncoming traffic is restricted.
34. Where stopping or parking are prohibited (except by Buses or Taxis) for the period indicated on the sign
35. Pelican crossing: is where the amber light and the green man flash for a short time after red light goes out.
This amber light gives priority to pedestrians.
Pedestrian lights: when the lights turn red, the crossing signal for pedestrians (green man) comes on to
signal it is safe to cross,
36. you must not enter yellow Box unless the other side is clear with the exception of turning right.
37. Between the hrs of 23.30hrs & 07.00hrs